Ladies, Don't Fear the Weights: The Truth About Women and Muscle Growth


When I was young and needed guidance for my fitness, elders told me don't go to gym or else your body would look muscular like guys. That information set a belief in my mind and I somehow took it as truth. 

I wish they knew better..

Lot of our friends from this group have brought this up with me in the past so I assume there are many among us who might still be stuck with this belief that we gathered from different sources.

I have been weightlifting for the past 5 years and now I can confidently say that it is not possible for women to gain muscle like men, as our bodies produce different hormones and we are built differently.

We do see many fit women on social media and female athletes with lean and toned muscles that look great. They need to work so hard, do extreme trainings and diets to achieve that which is very difficult and you wont reach there if you don't want to so don't worry too much.

I believe that all women should incorporate weight training into their fitness routine, according to their strength and abilities. Don't be afraid to lift some weights and show off your strong and sexy self! Weightlifting is not only beneficial for our physical health, but also for our appearance. It can help us age slower and maintain a healthy glow on our face.

Author - Manisha Kumavat

Comments

  1. You are an inspiration and well return, proud of how far you have come along your fitness journey and your consistency is top of the line ❤️

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Insulin Resistance - A Slow Motion Train Wreck

The dose makes the poison!!

My Living Room - A perspective!!